About the job
About the location: Island, is located 5km off the northwest coast of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Receptionist provides dockside service to Marina guests, provides information and customer service to guests by performing duties included a part of the marinas customer service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides service to marina guests that meet established quality standards for all marina related operations; ensures the recognized standards are maintained and that quality and delivery commitments are met.
- Makes and confirms reservations, verifies arrival and departure times and arranges for baggage handling and other services requested by guests; maintains records of slip availability.
- Greets and registers guests; provides escort instructions to Dock Assistants coordinating appropriate guest and luggage transportation.
- Manages all guest financial transactions; verifies guest credit status and issues charge cards where applicable; posts charges such as moorage, power, water, food, liquor, or telephone to ledger; computes final bills and collects appropriate payments.
- Answers guest inquiries and provides information pertaining to restaurants, mechanics, travel, provisioning, florist, carpenters, medical, painting, entertainment, laundry services, safety inspections, varnishing, and legal services.
- Issues facility security ID and supports marina and facility security teams in their security related efforts; reports disturbances in marina office area to superiors and maintains general vigilance.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages; date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages, and coordinates delivery of same.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations and tour arrangements at guests
- Deposits guests valuables in marina safe.
- Maintains VHF radio and in-person communication with vessels, Marina staff and marina management.
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and Marina Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Drivers License (preferred, but not essential)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee may work near or around toxic or caustic chemicals while wearing proper personal protection equipment and following strict company safety standards. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Health Insurance, VISA, and Airline tickets are paid by the Employer. Additional allowances provided by the employer for: Housing, and transportation.
To apply for this job please visit www.careers-page.com.